Its pretty rare these days that I ever have a weekend with no prior commitments. I’ve usually signed myself up for too many things and promised myself to too many people. Add to that all the usual stuff everyone has to get done on their days off and well, I end up going back to work thinking “Did I actually just have a weekend?”
So this weekend was one of those precious times that was all mine. And I blitzed it! So here are some of my highlights (did I really just do all that?):-
- Had leisurely breakfast with husband on Saturday. We ate breakfast wraps (thanks Katie) consisting of bacon, eggs, baby spinach and tomato served in a wholemeal wrap. Husband made coffee. Yum.
- Went to antique store. Bought 24 recycled glass Pepsi bottles in wooden crate for upcoming photo shoot. (I already have plans for those bottles post-photo shoot so keep your eye out.)
- Went to the kitchen shop, bought martini glasses and jam jars and generally just browsed without feeling harassed or late for something else.
- Visited my father, talked about life. Love him.
- Did the grocery shopping. Same feelings as Point 3. So much more pleasant.
- Made hot nuts. See Get Your Hot Nuts Here! for recipe.
- Friends came to visit. Boys played PS3, girls made cocktails, read magazines and ate hot nuts.
- Got up early on Sunday, met friends and wandered around the growers markets. Sun was shining. People looked happy. Bought over-priced delicious goodies.
- Went to hardware store, bought a pot and potted up my Wollemi Pine that we were given for Christmas.
- Made two homemade chalkboards for upcoming photo shoot. Sat outside painting with a sweet summer breeze reminding me that life is good.
- Made homemade tomato sugo (tomato sauce) for Middle Eastern Lamb Pizza which I made later for dinner. So simple yet loaded with flavour.
- As Point 11 says, homemade Middle Eastern Lamb Pizza. Highlight all by itself.
- Went to bed feeling tired but happy. I just had an actual weekend.