I mean, I guess there have been signs. But I’ve never really put it all together. Not until recently anyway. So before you’re all like “yeah girrllll, you really are She-Ra!” Let me assure you, I only possess ONE super power and its less She-Ra and more like the character Bruce Willis played in the movie Unbreakable. All undercover and subtle.
Here are the signs:-
- I’m a chronic light sleeper. So light in fact that I sense someone in the room before they enter the room. I need to wear ear plugs, not only to block out my husbands snoring but also the sound of yapping dogs miles away. I once completely believed that there was a kangaroo outside my bedroom window which would not stop its incessant ‘chet chet chet’ noises. It kept me up for 3 nights.
- My ears reject bud-like ear phones. They just will not stay in there.
- I constantly have to ask my husband to turn down the tv and/or radio. He says he cannot hear it but I claim that it’s at a very comfortable level, thank you very much. And who needs to hear the latest news bulletin with window shattering decibel anyway?
- I’m a big believer in subtle background music rather than a “in your face” volume. If I have to raise my voice so you can hear me over the music, why am I even bothering to talk to you.
- You can’t mutter something under your breath about me. I know what you just said, even if I pretend I don’t so you keep saying it.
If you haven’t already guessed…I believe I’m in the possession of super sonic hearing powers.You can call me Super Phonic Girl. I shall defend you with all the power that I have.
I’m in need of a catch phrase of which I shall shout at my assailants with every victory. Suggestions welcome. And if anyone wants to make me a superhero outfit, I respond well to primary colours!