One of the best things about being a grown up human person with no dependant responsibilities is that normal meal time conventions do not exist.
Yesterday was Sunday, which is fast becoming my favourite day of the week. Sunday in and of itself seems to have little to no rules about it. I love that. So what happened yesterday that was so different to every other day? Well it goes something like this…
- Had a fantastical sleep in due to daylight saving finishing…clocks went back an hour.
- Received cup of tea in bed whilst I watched breakfast television – Andrew O’Keefe, you’re outrageous!
- Husband cooked scrambled eggs with chorizo sausage on toast for breakfast.
- Mum dropped in with homemade pecan pie. Stayed for coffee.
- Decided to eat Grain Wave chips for lunch and wrote a blog post.
- Big storm arrived at 3pm by which time I was hungry again – ate a chicken and salad sandwich in my beanbag accompanied by a glass of white wine and read the new Donna Hay magazine.
- Watched a movie with husband as the rain continued to hammer down.
- At 7pm we ate pecan pie for dinner with vanilla ice-cream.
- By 8.30pm I was feeling peckish so we had tea and toast for supper.
I adored that all the usual meal times were put in a bag, shaken up furiously and then pulled out at random. It wasn’t probably the most nutritious day in terms of meals but meh, it was fun. So why not roll the dice on your next meal time?